Call for Abstract
2nd International Conference on Smart Materials & Structures, will be organized around the theme “Exploring Intelligence with Smart Material Structures”
Smart Materials 2016 is comprised of 19 tracks and 82 sessions designed to offer comprehensive sessions that address current issues in Smart Materials 2016.
Submit your abstract to any of the mentioned tracks. All related abstracts are accepted.
Register now for the conference by choosing an appropriate package suitable to you.
Smart materials are designed materials that have one or more properties that can be significantly changed in a controlled fashion by external stimuli, such as stress, temperature, moisture, pH, electric or magnetic fields.
- Track 1-1Advanced smart Materials
- Track 1-2advantages and disadvantages of smart materials
- Track 1-3Properties of Smart materials
A composite material (also called a composition material or shortened tocomposite) is a material made from two or more constituent materials with significantly different physical or chemical properties that, when combined, produce a material with characteristics different from the individual components.
- Track 2-1Advanced composite materials
- Track 2-2Smart composite materials
The piezoelectric effect of natural monocrystalline materials such asquartz, tourmaline and Rochelle salt is relatively small. Polycrystalline ferroelectric ceramics such as barium titanate (BaTiO3) and lead zirconate titanate (PZT) exhibit larger displacements or induce larger electric voltages.
- Track 3-1Advanced Piezoelectric materials
- Track 3-2Piezoelectric materials appilcations
- Track 3-3Smart Piezoelectric materials
- Track 3-4Properties of Piezoelectric materials
E-textiles, also known as smart garments, smart clothing, electronic textiles, smart textiles, or smart fabrics, are fabrics that enable digital components (including small computers), and electronics to be embedded in them.Smart textiles are fabrics that have been developed with new technologies that provide added
- Track 4-1Advanced smart textiles
- Track 4-2smart textiles materials appilcations
- Track 4-3Smart textile materials
- Track 4-4Properties of smart textiles
Smart Materials and Structures is a multi-disciplinary dedication to technical advances in (and applications of) smart materials, systems and structures; including intelligent systems, sensing and actuation, adaptive structures, and active control.
- Track 5-1Advanced smart materials structures
- Track 5-2smart materials structure appilcations
- Track 5-3Properties of smart materials structures
Many well-defined structures such as metals, ceramics or polymers cannot satisfy all technological demands. Therefore, there is ongoing search for new materials with new, and especially improved properties. Such a task is met by, among others, composite materials that are defined as materials composed of at least two phases, where due to the occurring synergistic effect the material of different properties than properties of the components is formed.
- Track 6-1Advanced polymer composites
- Track 6-2polymer composites appilcations
- Track 6-3Properties of polymer composites
The health and beauty industry is also taking advantage of these innovations, which range from drug-releasing medical textiles, to fabricwith moisturizer, perfume, and anti-aging properties.Many smartclothing, wearable technology, and wearable computing projects involve the use of e-textiles.
- Track 7-1Advanced smart fabrics
- Track 7-2smart Fabric appilcations
- Track 7-3Properties of smart fabrics
Todays world depends on Technology, well know that technology is complete dependant on Science. Science and technology works together in engineering the materials we call smart materials in building modern Smart World.
- Track 8-1Shape Memory Materials (SMPs)
- Track 8-2phase change materials
- Track 8-3CMOS-MEMS
- Track 8-4Ceramics
- Track 8-5Electrostrictive and magnetostrictive materials
Intelligent Structures of Architecture and Civil Engineering are been a subject to reveal and unlock the ancient and magnificent architecture by human on the redesigning the earth's geography. The research on archeological technology of Structural engineering, advanced innovations in civil Engineering, current applied principles of geotechnical, structural, environmental, transportation and construction engineering, sea defense systems against raising sea levels, under water-on water constructions, floating and green cities architecture, case study on Structural & Civil Engineering.
- Track 9-1Archeological technology of structural engineering
- Track 9-2Advanced innovations in civil engineering
- Track 9-3Current applied principles of geotechnical, structural, environmental, transportation and construction engineering
- Track 9-4Sea defense systems against raising sea levels Due to global worming
- Track 9-5Under water - on water constructions
- Track 9-6Floating and green cities architecture
- Track 9-7Case study on structural and civil engineering
Nano Materials are designed materials with advanced benefits in various fields of Science, available in variable modes. These materials weigh light but sound hard in the material science Subject. Nano materials are smart materials with definite designed structures. As on 2014 $88 million of venture capital investment was received by nanotechnological companies. Smart materials-2016 anticipating researchers on topics Nano Structures, Nano Electronics, Nano Technology in Energy System, Graphene, Carbon Nanotube, Terahertz nanotechnology, recent trends in Nano technology
- Track 10-1Nano structures
- Track 10-2Nano electronics
- Track 10-3Nano technology in energy system
- Track 10-4Carbon nanotube
- Track 10-5Terahertz nanotechnology
- Track 10-6Recent trends in nano technology
- Track 10-7Graphene
Aerospace Engineering subject deals with aeronautical engineering and astronautical engineering. The first man thought of flying in to the air started studying the birds and their structural appearance and imitated their fly. By the end of 17th century Sir George Cayley developed a winged aircraft, that humble glider evolved in to the amazing machine that have taken us to the edge of space at speeds faster than sound like DARPA’s HTV-3X Blackswift (unmanned US air force craft) and NASA Hubble and New Horizons. The centuries work on structural, materials & Fuel development brought these things happen. Today we are much more hunger for speed and cosmic studies which leading research on Smart Materials & Structures.
- Track 11-1Aerodynamics & aero-acoustics
- Track 11-2Fiber reinforced glass & reinforced carbon
- Track 11-3High-temperature reusable surface insulation tiles
- Track 11-4Glass reinforced aluminum
- Track 11-5Carbon laminate & carbon sandwich composites
- Track 11-6Toughened graphite
- Track 11-7Propellant in aerosols
Automobile engineering is a study of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and safety engineering as applied to the design, manufacture and operation of automobiles. Every automobile works with a specific engine with a significant materials and Structure handled by Mechanical engineering. Mechanical engineering applies the principles of engineering, physics, and materials science for the design, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Track 12-1Materials processing and characterization
- Track 12-2High Temperature Materials Applications and Characterization
- Track 12-3Mechanics of structures and fluids
- Track 12-4Designing the structure of engine, machine and body supplement
- Track 12-5Structure & Property of Polymers
- Track 12-6Engineering thermodynamics
- Track 12-7Advanced manufacturing
World today got addicted to electric & electronic systems, as generations passing the complex electric & electronic systems turned to simple sophisticated units. Every semi-conductor with nano structures as smart materials. Blue LED electrical semiconductor of Isamu Akasaki, Hiroshi Amano and Shuji Nakamura were rewarded for inventing a new energy- efficient and environment-friendly light source with Noble Prize in 2014.
- Track 13-1LED’s
- Track 13-2Sensors
- Track 13-3Semiconductor
- Track 13-4Fuel cells
- Track 13-5Robotics
The bio system is marvel engineering of matter and structure, today’s technology is mostly evolved from nature itself. Nature smart materials are Toucans Bird beak, Lizard feet, spider Silk etc. along with the nature man also preparing many Bio applicable materials like stent, bio degradable rods, Dental porcelain, smart materials for target drug delivery etc.
- Track 14-1Applied smart / nano technology in drug and pharm
- Track 14-2Smart hormones for smart devices
- Track 14-3Biomimetics
- Track 14-4Spider silk
- Track 14-5Nitinol
- Track 14-6Stent, Scaffolds in tissue engineering bone and cartilage
- Track 14-7Applicable materials for human diagnosis and treatment
History reveals that most advances in technology across the world developed during war for destruction and later used for Construction. Wernher von Braun Knew as father of rocket science. He was aerospace engineer for Germany during World War-2 and built liquid fuel aircraft with rocket power for the first time, post war he worked for NASA in Building Saturn V. unlike many more technical advances processed in defence till this day, many were classified but only certain researches can be revealed and helpful in construction of world relation.
- Track 15-1Naval architecture
- Track 15-2Structural mechanism of high speed jet engines
- Track 15-3Solder exoskeleton robot
- Track 15-4High tensile steel
- Track 15-5Self-healing material
- Track 15-6Super elasticity materials
- Track 15-7Kevlar
Current day materials research is mostly on synthesis of smart materials and their physical and chemical properties. You can share your research on Hybrid Carbon Glass & self-cleaning glass, LED’s, Fuel cells, Sensors, Smart Coating, Smart rubber etc.
- Track 16-1Hybrid Carbon Glass
- Track 16-2Self-cleaning glass
- Track 16-3Smart coating
- Track 16-4Smart rubber
- Track 16-5Smart Materials et.al.
Physical properties deals with stydy of structural, crystallographic, stimulai of materials
This is anticipated to reach over $42.2 billion in 2019 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.2% between 2014 and 2019. Motors and actuators make up the largest application segment of the market, with sales of nearly $16.8 billion (70.8% of the market) in 2013, increasing to $30.2 billion (nearly 71.6% of the market) by 2019.