Call for Abstract
3rd International Conference on Smart Materials & Structures, will be organized around the theme “Expanding Novelties on Materials and Structures Around the Globe”
Smart Materials 2017 is comprised of 10 tracks and 74 sessions designed to offer comprehensive sessions that address current issues in Smart Materials 2017.
Submit your abstract to any of the mentioned tracks. All related abstracts are accepted.
Register now for the conference by choosing an appropriate package suitable to you.
Smart Materials are hybrid materials that are composed of dissimilar phases which significantly change if any external stimuli are applied such as temperature, stress, magnetic or electric fields. Smart Materials are combinations of at least two different materials, which allow the engineering of desired properties. Proper modeling, simulation and control help in integrated system design of smart materials. Piezoelectric and Ferroelectric materials produce electric current when they are placed under mechanical stress. Due to their fast electromechanical response and their low power requirement, Piezoelectric materials are widely used in the structural control applications. Electroluminescent materials are semiconductors which allow exit of the light through it. Shape-memory alloys have the ability to return to their original shape when heated from the deformed shape.
- Track 1-1Modeling, simulation and control of smart materials
- Track 1-2Integrated system design and implementation
- Track 1-3Piezoelectric and ferroelectric materials
- Track 1-4Shape-memory alloys
- Track 1-5Electroluminescent materials
- Track 1-6Colour-changing materials
- Track 1-7Polymer-based smart materials
Smart Structures offer the ability to match the conditions for more than one optimum state thereby extending functionality. Smart Structures are capable of sensing stimuli, responding to it, and reverting to its original state after the stimuli is removed. Smart structures can resist natural calamities. Many well-defined structures such as metals, ceramics or polymers cannot satisfy all technological demands. Therefore, there is ongoing search for new materials with new, and especially improved properties. Such a task is met by, among others, composite materials that are defined as materials composed of at least two phases, where due to the occurring synergistic effect the material of different properties than properties of the components is formed.
- Track 2-1Ceramics
- Track 2-2Structural Engineering
- Track 2-3Bridges, Towers, Dams,Tunnels
- Track 2-4Green Buildings
- Track 2-5Glass technologies
- Track 2-6Composite materials
- Track 2-7Fibers
- Track 2-8Rubber technologies
- Track 2-9Metals and alloys
- Track 2-10Polymers
- Track 2-11Smart Design and Construction
Optical and Electronic smart materials are the materials that associate with electricity. It incorporates the design, study and manufacture of smart materials that convert electrical signals into photon signals and photons signals to electrical signals. Any device that operates as an electrical-to-optical or optical-to-electrical is considered an optoelectronic device. Optoelectronics is built up on the quantum mechanical effects of light on electronic materials, sometimes in the presence of electric fields, especially semiconductors. Optoelectronic technologies comprise of laser systems, remote sensing systems, fiber optic communications, optical information systems, and electric eyes medical diagnostic systems.
- Track 3-1Photonics materials and devices
- Track 3-2NEMS, MEMS and liquid metal devices
- Track 3-3Semiconductors and super conductors
- Track 3-4Optical instruments
- Track 3-5Computational optics and photonics
- Track 3-6Display technologies
- Track 3-7Lasers and optical fibers
- Track 3-8Sensors and actuators
- Track 3-9Smart electronic devices
Solar energy has being derived from natural sources that doesn’t harm the behavioral and environmental factors. The energy which is taken from the sun is converted into solar energy (thermal or electrical) for further use. Fuel production is also done from solar energy with the help of high temperature. In energy storage, energy is capture which is produced at one time and is store for future use. A smart grid is a system which includes a diversity of operational and energy measures including renewable energy resources, smart meters, smart appliances and energy efficiency resources. Batteries such as Lithium batteries are used in various types of mobile devices, including communication equipment, computers, entertainment devices, power tools, toys, games, lighting and medical devices.
- Track 4-1Solar cell materials and devices
- Track 4-2Photovoltaic Cells
- Track 4-3Advanced batteries
- Track 4-4Super capacitors
- Track 4-5Fuel cells
- Track 4-6Vibration energy harvesting
- Track 4-7Smart grid
Nano Materials are designed materials with advanced benefits in various fields of Science, available in variable modes. These materials weigh light but sound hard in the material science subject. Nano materials are smart materials with definite designed structures. Nano devices, the quickest moving segment of the general market, the Nanotech research involves in smart sensors and smart delivery systems, Magnetic Nano devices, Nano-biosensors, Nano switches, Optical biosensors, and biologically inspired. The 2000s have seen the introduction of the applications of Nanotechnology in commercial products, although most applications are congested to the bulk use of passive Nano materials. Examples include titanium dioxide and zinc oxide Nanoparticles in sunscreen, cosmetics and some of the food products; carbon Nanotubes for stain-resistive textiles; and cerium oxide as a fuel catalyst.
- Track 5-1Carbon, graphite and graphene
- Track 5-2Nanotubes, nanorods and nanowires
- Track 5-3Nanofibers, nanofilms and nanocomposites
- Track 5-4Nanopowder and nanoparticles
- Track 5-5Microtechnology
- Track 5-6Smart nanodevices
- Track 5-7Nanotechnology applications
As Biomaterials are mainly used for tissue growth and delivery of drugs, similarly, their properties are also having a great impact on cell growth and proliferation of tissues. Physical properties are like size, shape, surface, compartmentalization, etc. Biosensors are the analytical devices which can convert biological responses into electrical signals. Biomaterials have many medical applications such as cancer therapy, artificial ligaments and tendons, orthopedic for joint replacements, bone plates, and ophthalmic applications in contact lenses, for wound healing in the form of surgical sutures, clips, nerve regeneration, in reproductive therapy as breast implants, etc. It is also having some non-medical applications such as to grow cells in culture, assay of blood proteins in laboratories, etc.
- Track 6-1Smart materials for body implants and prosthesis
- Track 6-2Bio-inspired and biomimetic smart materials and systems
- Track 6-3Smart materials for drug delivery systems
- Track 6-4Smart materials for medical imaging
- Track 6-5Smart biosensors and devices
- Track 6-6Structural health monitoring
Structural Health Monitoring is a system with which a non-intrusive, active damage evaluation mechanism is attached to each structural component to continuously monitor the integrity of the structure or damage signatures. Surface properties include surface tension, surface characterization, charge - charge interaction, etc. It can be produced by using various techniques such as etching, plasma functionalization, etc. Physical properties are like size, shape, surface, compartmentalization, etc. Mechanical properties include elastic modulus, hardness, fatigue, fracture toughness, etc. The electrical and magnetic phenomena alter the properties of materials for better prospective in manufacturing.
- Track 7-1Magnetic properties of smart materials
- Track 7-2Mechanical properties of smart materials
- Track 7-3Thermal properties of smart materials
- Track 7-4Optical properties of smart materials
- Track 7-5Advanced characterization techniques
Smart materials got vast applications in Aerospace, Mass transit, Marine, Automotive, Computers and other electronic devices, Consumer goods applications, Civil engineering, Medical equipment applications, Rotating machinery applications. The health and beauty industry is also taking advantage of these innovations, which range from drug-releasing medical textiles, to fabric with moisturizer, perfume, and anti-aging properties. Many smart clothing, wearable technology, and wearable computing projects involve the use of e-textiles. Intelligent Structures of Architecture and Civil Engineering are been a subject to reveal and unlock the ancient and magnificent architecture by human on the redesigning the earth's geography. The research on archeological technology of Structural engineering, advanced innovations in Civil Engineering, current applied principles of geotechnical, structural, environmental, transportation and construction engineering, sea defense systems against raising sea levels, under water-on water constructions, floating and green cities architecture, case study on Structural & Civil Engineering.
- Track 8-1Smart textile materials and fabrics
- Track 8-2Smart building materials
- Track 8-3Applications in aerospace engineering
- Track 8-4Applications in automobile engineering
- Track 8-5Robotics applications
- Track 8-6Pharmaceutical applications
- Track 8-7Smart materials in defence
- Track 8-8Smart materials in manufacturing industries
- Track 8-9Smart Materials in Mining and Metallurgical Applications
Sciences and Applied Technologies are leading to advance the materials study like Piezoelectric, Shape memory and Phase change materials, CMOS-MEMS, Ceramics, Electrostrictive and Magnetostrictive materials, Smart Polymers, Smart textiles and materials which are yet to be discovered and to be simplified for rational application and technology implication. World today got addicted to electric & electronic systems, as generations passing the complex electric & electronic systems turned to simple sophisticated units. Every semi-conductor with Nano structures as smart materials. Blue LED electrical semiconductor of Isamu Akasaki, Hiroshi Amano and Shuji Nakamura were rewarded for inventing a new energy- efficient and environment-friendly light source with Noble Prize in 2014. Biological & Medical applicable Smart Materials dealing with medical and some bio applicable smart materials. Which include Applied smart / Nano technology in drug and pharm, Smart Hormones for Smart devices, Biosensors and Biomimetic Devices, Spider silk, Nitinol, Scaffolds in tissue engineering bone and cartilage, Applicable Materials for Human body etc.
- Track 9-1Smart materials for artificial intelligence
- Track 9-2Smart packaging materials
- Track 9-3Smart structures in mechatronics
- Track 9-4Programmable matters
- Track 9-5Self-healing materials
- Track 9-6Claytronics
- Track 9-7Smart hydrogels and phase change materials
- Track 9-8Magneto rheological fluid and electro-magneto rheological fluid
- Track 9-9Heat insulating materials
- Track 9-10Multiscale and multifunctional materials
- Track 9-11Recycled materials